Monday, April 14, 2008

Bonnie Blue Designs




This is the first clothing pattern I ever tried to sew. It is an excellent choice for beginners because it is completely detailed, illustrated, and easy to sew. It is fully lined so there is no need to finish seams. Just be sure your sewing machine is capable of producing buttonholes.


I made the blue gingham one first - it was to be an Easter gift for my nephew, but since it's way past Easter, we'll call it a Happy Spring gift. The second one is beautiful blue broadcloth which will be the perfect weight for our hot Alabama summers. It is a gift for my cousin's baby who is turning 1-year- old on Saturday. I especially love sewing for babies. Baby projects are so small that they seem to sew up in a snap. And since my little princess started toddling around, I'm only able to sew during her naps or at night. This is definitely one of my go-to patterns for gift giving.







Bonnie Blue Designs has a number of easy to sew and fully lined children's clothing patterns. Most of their patterns come with variations for boys and girls in sizes 1-6 (all in the same pattern package.) I really like that these patterns come printed on heavy weight paper. I don't feel like I must be super careful not to rip the pattern after repeated uses. This one is called Holly and Hunter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both lovely outfits; you must be proud